Trivia Questions Answer Sheet
- What is the oldest artifact at the Harvey County Historical Museum?
A: Newton Flag B: USO Piano
C: Mammoth Tooth D: Leather Coat
- How many names are on the USO piano?
A: 3,589 B: 799 C: 4,526 D: 2,643
- What was the building used as before it became the Historical Society?
A: Hospital B: Library
C: Train Depot D: School
- How many townships are in Harvey County?
A: 6 B: 15 C: 4 D: 9
- What city ordinance was passed on April 16, 1872, which is still in effect?
A: No pies served ala mode on Sundays
B: Horses must wear saddles
C: Ladies must be accompanied by a gentleman after dark
D: No buffalo or other wild animals running at large in town
- The two first business in town were?
A: Sears & Walmart B: Anderson’s Book Store & Kroger
C: Rohr Jewelry & Norms D: A.F. Horner & Walton’s Blacksmith
- What were the first two church denominations in Newton?
A: Catholic & Presbyterian B: Methodist & Mennonite
C: Methodist & Presbyterian D: Baptist & Mennonite
- Newton got its name from whom/what? Circle two answers.
A: Newton, Mass. B: Isaac Newton
C: Stock holders D: Famous inventors
- What was the first mill in Newton?
A: Warkentin Mill B: Silias Wood Mill
C: Ardent Flour Mill D: Goerz Flour Mill
- What crop was brought over by immigrants from the Ukraine?
A: Turkey Red Wheat B: Corn
C: Beans D: Zucchini
- Where did the famous Aug. 20th 1871 shootout take place?
A: The Mint Saloon B: Alamo Saloon
C: Perry Tuttle Saloon D: OK Corral
- How many men were killed?
A: 5 B: 10 C: 55 D: 32