Tangeman Dairy. Closed 1964. Established by Fred Tangeman, the dairy was located just outside Newton. It provided products to the Fred Harvey Company for several years. In 1928, Fred sold the dairy and farm to nephew Clarence and his wife Bertha. In November 1938, Clarence began retail sales. Customers would drive to the Tangeman dairy to buy their milk. Even though the dairy was closed in July 1964, Clarence continued farming. Source: Evening Kansan Republican. July 13, 1914.